Five Ideas to Make Waffles That Will Impress Everyone
Tired of sandwiches and scrambled eggs for breakfast? With a Belgian waffle machine, you can delight your family with unusual dishes every day! Custard, cheese, potato waffles, crispy pancakes, and yogurt pancakes - there are lots of recipes to make them. We have collected the most interesting ideas that are suitable for breakfast with the family, as well as for treating guests.
What to make in a waffle maker quickly, easily, and tasty?
Tender cottage cheese waffles
Looks like the fried eggs have a competitor! Now you don't have to make them by hand and stand at the stove. Making breakfast in the Belgian waffle maker takes minutes. It does not require your participation, which means you can do other things in the kitchen.
You need the following products for the waffles:
- 2 eggs;
- 2.5 tbsp. sugar;
- pinch of salt;
- 180 grams of cottage cheese;
- 2 tbsp. flour;
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder;
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil;
- pinch of vanilla.
How to make sweet dough:
- Whisk the two eggs with a pinch of salt and sugar. This can be done with a mixer or a whisk.
- Add the cottage cheese to the whisked eggs and mix well. If the cottage cheese is a bit dry, use a blender.
- Add the flour, vanilla, and baking powder, and then add the vegetable oil.
- Mix with a mixer until smooth state. The dough is ready, which means you can proceed with baking.
How to bake waffles:
- Preheat the waffle iron for 4-5 minutes (we recommend doing this in advance) and grease the work surfaces with vegetable oil.
- Place the batter in the waffle iron, estimating the same amount of batter for each waffle.
- Cover with the lid and leave for 2-3 minutes. During this time, the waffles will be completely baked.
The cottage cheese waffles are ready! Serve them hot with jam, honey, nuts, berries, and topping (chocolate, caramel, etc.). They go well with juices and smoothies.
Fragrant potato waffles
Source: Unsplash Source: Pexels
You'll definitely appreciate this recipe if you're a savory food lover. Like cottage cheese waffles, the square waffle maker is just as quick and effortless. All the ingredients are affordable, and you're sure to have them in your kitchen.
What you will need for cooking:
- 400 g of potatoes (boiled);
- 100g of flour;
- 1 tsp. leavening agent;
- 1 egg;
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil;
- 1 onion;
- pinch of salt.
How to make salty dough:
- Boil potatoes in salted water and fry onions in vegetable oil.
- Pour off all the liquid from the potatoes, add salt, black pepper, and a bit of butter if you want.
- Grind potatoes with a mortar, add egg and fried onion, and beat with a mixer.
- Pour in vegetable oil, add flour and baking powder mixture, and mix.
Now it's time to start baking. Grease the work surfaces of the waffle maker 4 square or other molds with vegetable oil, place the dough, and cover with the lid. These steps are the same for all recipes; only the cooking time may vary slightly. In this case, 3 minutes is sufficient.
Serve potato waffles for breakfast or lunch combined with sour cream. They are also good as an addition to first courses instead of bread.
Ruddy waffles with sausage and cheese
Another recipe for unsweetened waffle lovers. It can be filled with both sausage and cheese. You can make a 2-in-1 dish by combining these fillings if you want. The double Belgian waffle maker is a great choice for this.
Prepare the main ingredients:
- 100 g of sausages;
- 80 g of hard cheese;
- 30 g of smoked cheese;
- 1 egg;
- 70 ml of milk;
- 100 g of flour;
- green onions and dill;
- salt to taste;
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil.
Take a few simple steps:
- Cut the sausage or any other sausage product into cubes, grate the hard cheese on a coarse grater.
- Finely chop the greens (green onion and dill are best for this dish).
- Add milk and egg to a separate bowl, salt, and pepper to taste, and whisk everything.
- Add flour, greens, and vegetable oil to the mixture and mix.
Next, it all depends on what kind of filling you choose. If you want waffles separately with cheese and separately with sausage, divide the dough into two parts and mix it with the desired ingredients. Place in a waffle maker and bake for about 3 minutes.
Crispy potato pancakes (draniki)
We are all used to cooking this hearty dish of grated potatoes in a frying pan. But, believe us, a round or square Belgian waffle maker is much more convenient. In addition, such a dish is healthier because it requires very little vegetable oil.
You need a minimum of products:
- 300 g of potatoes;
- 1 egg;
- 100g of flour;
- salt, dry garlic, and turmeric.
The dough is made very quickly:
- Grate potatoes coarsely, add an egg, salt, and spices (as an option: turmeric and dried garlic), and mix.
- Add the flour and mix well again. That's it, your dough is ready in a matter of minutes!
Place the prepared mixture in the waffle iron and close the lid. In 4 minutes, they will be baked and browned on both sides. This dish is equally good for breakfast, lunchtime, and dinner. The best addition to crispy potato pancakes is sour cream.
Fluffy pancakes with yogurt
Belgian waffle maker with removable plates is not only suitable for standard waffles but also pancakes. Simply change the baking dish. You can make pancakes with a variety of ingredients. If you want them to be soft and tender, use berry yogurt.
You will need for the dough:
- 270 ml of yogurt;
- 2 eggs;
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil;
- 2 tbsp sugar;
- 1 tsp leavening agent;
- 200 g of flour.
Prepare the dough for baking:
- Add the eggs, sugar, and yogurt, as well as vegetable oil and a pinch of salt to a bowl, and mix.
- Mix the flour with the baking powder, add it to the resulting mixture, and mix well with a whisk.
The next steps are the same as in the previous recipes. However, be careful when pouring the batter into the molds. Distribute the mass evenly, and do not go beyond the circle. Bake the pancakes for only 2 minutes, and flip them to the other side if desired. Serve with jam, honey, or melted chocolate.
If you want to diversify your family's diet, the waffle machine is a useful tool in your kitchen. The recipes are just a small part of what you can make with the waffle machine. French toast, scrambled eggs with greens, pita bread, potato casserole, and even pizza; bring tasty ideas to life in minutes. For active daily use, we recommend choosing the professional Belgian waffle maker.