WHAT IS THE BEST NON-STICK COATING?
The non-stick coating is widely used in the production of cookware. The PTFE coating makes the walls of cookware thicker, retaining heat longer, and heating the surface more evenly. The non-stick layer makes it possible to avoid food sticking and to use minimum oil while cooking. The quality of the coating determines the ease of use, durability, and taste of cooked food. If you want to choose the best non-stick coating, let's consider what its types can be, their advantages, and disadvantages.
It is the most common type of coating for cookware made of aluminum and steel. The term of operation is on average 2-3 years.
- Inexpensive due to the ease of production and material application to the surface of the cookware.
- High non-stick properties.
- Resistant to acids and alkalis.
- Easy care. PTFE pots and pans can be easily cleaned with a soft sponge and detergent.
- Low resistance to mechanical damage.
- Coating destruction is caused by exposure to temperatures above 200 °C.
- Don’t use metal objects, as they can damage the surface. We recommend using only wooden or silicone kitchen utensils.
- Don’t use cookware after the damage of PTFE coating.
- Don’t wash in the dishwasher.
GRANITE OR MARBLE COATING
It is made by adding marble and granite particles, which gives the cookware extra solidity. The service life is 4-5 years.
- Eye-catching appearance, excellent surface smoothness.
- Non-stick properties allow cooking without adding oil.
- Cookware surface heats quickly and evenly retain heat longer.
- Easy care. It can be washed in the dishwasher or used with hard sponges.
- High surface durability, allowing the use of metal objects during cooking.
- The surface is sensitive to temperature fluctuations.
- Don’t use abrasive detergents.
Titanium coating is durable, resistant to high temperatures and mechanical damage. The titanium coating has a service life of decades.
- Ecological and safe material, resistant to alkalis and acids.
- Resists temperatures up to 320 °C.
- It is not afraid of mechanical damage, and you can use any kitchen objects.
- High thermal conductivity.
- Ability to cook without the use of oil.
- Higher price.
Thus, titanium coating is the most durable, but also the most expensive. If you don't want to overpay for durability, you can buy PTFE coating. Granite coating is the most optimal choice. It has high durability, and it is in the medium price category.